About The Port
Gangavaram Port concession was awarded to Mr. DVS Raju led consortium through an international bidding process. The Concession Agreement was signed in August, 2003.
Gangavaram Port has the unique distinction of being one of the few Greenfield port projects in India which has been implemented on schedule. Construction at the site commenced in December 2005 and the Port commenced trial operations in August 2008.
Gangavaram Port has been developed as an all weather, multipurpose port with water depth upto 21 meters, making it the deepest and capable of handling fully laden Super Cape size vessels of upto 200,000 DWT. Gangavaram Port, with its deep draft berths and efficient operations has become the gateway port for a hinterland spread over 8 states across Eastern, Western, Southern and Central India. Its ability to handle larger vessels efficiently has resulted in substantial savings to trade and port users. Gangavaram Port provides efficient cargo handling services for a variety of bulk and break bulk cargo groups including Coal, Iron Ore, Fertilizer, Limestone, Bauxite, Raw Sugar, Project Cargo, Alumina, Steel products etc.
The Port, its related facilities and material handling system are among the most advanced in Asia and meet the highest standards in terms of pollution prevention and safety.
- 30 years - extendable by 10 + 10 years
- DVS Raju and family - (58.11%)
- Warburg Pincus - (31.50%)
- GoAP - (10.39%)
GANGAVARAM PORT is the only port offering both Concession fee and Equity to GoAP.
- A leading global private equity firm, Founded in 1966, 13 private equity funds,
- Manages assets more than 30 billions
- Invested USD 40 billions in 650 companies, 30 countries
- Invested USD 3 billions in India
- Invested in Bharti Airtel, HDFC, ICICI, Kotak Mahindra, Gangavaram Port and Punj Lloyd